We welcome applications from talented potential postdoctoral researchers. Vacancies are advertised on the Oxford University and DPAG Vacancies web pages, or we encourage potential applicants to secure fellowship funding, for which we have provided some example schemes.
To view whether there are any current postdoctoral vacancies within the Riley Group, please refer to the Oxford University job’s web page or DPAG's Current Vacancies web page for adverts and accompanying job descriptions.
We also encourage potential postdoctoral researchers to secure their own fellowship funding to join the laboratory and apply to a UK-based schemes, if eligible, or via international schemes available through their host country.
Examples of UK schemes are:
- Sir Henry Wellcome Fellowships – for recently qualified post-docs
- Sir Henry Dale Fellowships – for more established post-docs who aim to become independent researchers
Medical Research Council:
- Career Development Award – for more established post-docs who aim to become independent researchers
British Heart Foundation:
- Immediate Postdoctoral Basic Science Research Fellowships - for recently qualified post-docs
- Intermediate basic science research fellowship- for more established post-docs who aim to become independent researchers
Those individuals who are eligible and competitive for one of these schemes are encouraged to review the Riley lab research programme on-line and via recent publications and formulate some ideas for complementary and synergistic projects that can be assessed and discussed with Professor Riley and members of his team.
For further enquiries, please email here.