Wade-Martins Group Welcome and Inclusion Statement
We, as a Department and Community, will be considerate and welcoming of all people, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity. We acknowledge societal inequalities and how these impact us, and those around us, personally and professionally.- DPAG Statement of Inclusion
- As a lab and community, we pledge to be considerate and welcoming of all people, regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity.
- We will educate ourselves – we will read, watch, listen, and learn and will use our learning to advocate for others.
- We will promote inclusion and encourage greater diversity at events, talks, seminars and workshops.
- We will do our utmost to welcome Black colleagues and students and ensure that they feel included, valued, and that they belong.
- We will be aware of the impact of the University’s colonial history and support the voices of Black colleagues and other previously excluded groups within the University.
- We will be anti-racist and will use our privilege to support those around us.
- We will remember that it is OK to not be OK. When life is difficult, we must protect our mental health and support those around us to do likewise.