Resources for Public Engagement
- Departmental Communications and Public Engagement Staff - Do not hesitate to contact Talitha Smith, DPAG's Communications Officer, with details of your involvement in any public engagement activity so that it can be promoted in the news, or Deborah Goberdhan, DPAG's Public Engagement Lead, if you are planning an event and wish to apply for funding from the Department.
Divisional Public Engagement Coordinator - Contact the Divisional lead on public engagement, Brian Mackenwells.
- Departmental Communications and Public Engagement Staff - Contact details for relevant staff based within MSD departments.
- MSD Public Engagement Materials Suite - The Division have recently produced a suite of materials to support public engagement, including banners and t shirts, which can be used at all kinds of events, such as science fairs or workshops. Most of the materials can be borrowed from the Medical Sciences Divisional Office in the JR, but DPAG have also been allocated 10 t-shirts available for use at public engagement events. Please contact Talitha Smith if you would like to borrow t-shirts.
- Public Engagement with Research (PER) Portal - Information on public engagement from the University of Oxford.
- PER Digest - Register for the Public Engagement with Research Digest, a monthly newsletter published by the University's PE Coordinator and intended for staff within the University for which public engagement is a key part of their role. If you would like to receive the digest, please email Luke Caunt.
- Oxford Sparks - A portal for schools and the public to engage with the wealth of exciting research taking place across the University. Contact Dr Michaela Livingstone-Banks for more information.
- National Co-Ordinating Centre for Public Engagement (NCCPE) - Further resources for public engagement activity.
- Wellcome Genome Campus - Public Engagement Masterclass - supports researchers from all disciplines who aspire to be research leaders in their fields and establish a reputation for quality, embedded public engagement in the context of their research portfolio. Bursaries are available. Closing Date - Tuesday 16 April 2019. Apply here.
Training for the Medical Sciences Division - information about PER courses run specifically for MSD and MPLS researchers.
University Public Engagement training - Other Public Engagement with Research courses within the University.
Oxford PER Conference videos - videos from the University's inaugural Public Engagement with Research Conference including the closing plenary led with UKRI and Research England.
NCCPE Engage Researchers' Academy - This programme creates a challenging but supportive environment for researchers to explore the quality and value of engagement and improve the impact and relevance of their research. Bookings are open for Engage Researchers' Academy 2019-20. For further information or for any enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.