Skip to main content
- Zoltán Molnár was elected to deliver the 2019 Ray Guillery Lecture at the Grossman Institute of Neuroscience at University of Chicago. (DPAG News, St John's College News)
- Zoltán Molnár has edited a special symposium issue of Journal of Anatomy with Dr Gavin Clowry from the University of Newcastle on Human Brain Development. (DPAG News)
History of neuroscience paper gives new insights into Cajal's interactions with Sherrington and the Croonian Lecture. (DPAG News)
Cortex Club celebrates 10 years of student-run talks and discussions for Oxford's neuroscience community with Abishek Banerjee, Dennis Kätzel and Zoltán Molnár as founding members. (DPAG News)
Lukas Krone from Vyazovskiy, Ackerman and Molnár Laboratories wins the Cambridge Neuroscience Seminar Poster Prize (DPAG News)
- Professor Zoltán Molnár elected Fellow of the Anatomical Society and received “The New Fellow of the Year Award" in 2018 (DPAG News)
Researchers from across the Oxford Neuroscience Community pulled out all the stops for the Oxford Science and Ideas Festival (Oxford Neuroscience News)
The BBC visited Zoltán Molnár to discuss the research undertaken by Sir Charles Scott Sherrington, during his time in the Laboratory of Physiology, as part of a new series on 'How the NHS Changed our World' (DPAG News)
Mathematical modelling of cerebral cortical neurogenesis, joint project between St John's College, Wolfson Centre for Mathematical Biology and Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics. News releases Neuroscience news, The Daily Galaxy, Eurekalert, Medicalexpress, Techexplorists.
Taste and Smell Workshop at DPAG and St John's College Research Centre by Professor Laura López-Mascaraque (Cajal Institute Madrid) organised by the Cortex Club and Molnár Lab.
- Major differences in early brain development between mammals and birds were revealed by Fernando Garcia-Moreno and colleagues that could explain the origin of mammalian cerebral cortex (DPAG News).
Brain Diaries Exhibition Opened at Natural History Museum on 10th March 2017 and shall be open until 1st January 2018. OX Magazine published an interview with Zoltán Molnár about what we can expect from the exhibition and why it is well worth a visit.
- Oxford University deploying three research projects to fight Zika virus. Research has been funded by the UK Government through Globa Challenges Research Fund and Newton Fund and by the Wellcome Trust.
- The latest investigations on the development of the dorsal forebrain in chick and mouse embryos showed a delay in the neurogenic properties of a subset of mammalian but not avian progenitors and could be responsible for the evolutionary origin of the corpus callosum. Link to paper and to HFSP news release.
Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between Shanghai Jiao Tong University and University of Oxford to strengthen collaborations in the field of Developmental Genetics and Biology.
OxfordSparks public understanding of movement control video using original histological preparations prepared by Sir Charles Sherrington
Interviews on the "Evolution of the Human Neocortex: How Unique Are We?" The Company of Biologists workshop Wiston House, Steyning, West Sussex, UK, September 2013.
- Unexpected origin of the subplate neurons (DPAG News, ABC.es, Madrimasd.org, Informaria Digital, elmercuriodigital.es)
- Oxford - McGill Mini Symposium (McGill's Brain Institute)
- CLoNe new tool to track cell lineages (HFSP, theNODE, DPAG news, Oxford Neuroscience News)
- Subplate cells express susceptibility genes for schizophrenia and autism (Time, Science Daily, Oxford Neuroscience, GenEng News, ENN, Scicasts, MedicalXpress, myScience, sify news)
- Mapping gene expression in layers of mouse brain (SFARI, Oxford University News, Daily Mail)
- Comparison of mouse and chick brain transcriptomes (HFSP, DPAG NEWS)
- New Theories on the Origin of Cerebral Cortical Convolutions (HFSP)
- History of Medical Sciences Website (Sociedad Española de Neurociencia)
- Exhibition: 'Revelaing the Brain' (The Oxford Times, Oxford Neuroscience, Museum of the History of Science, Oxford, Oxford Neuroscience)
- The Oxford/HBI Summer Student Exchange scheme (Oxford Neuroscience)
- The first Fung Scholars in the Molnár lab (DPAG NEWS)