Head of Administration and Finance
As Head of Administration I work closely with the Head of Department on all aspects of policy, strategic planning, development, growth and sustainability whilst enabling the administrative team to provide the service, resources, advice and information required for the department’s effective operation and growth.
I manage the Department’s Operational Managers and their teams and on a day to day basis we are responsible for the non-academic management and administration of the department and associated units. This includes:
- budgeting, financial control and the provision of management information;
- all the financial aspects of the department including purchasing, payments and expense claims;
- research grant applications and pre- and post-award grant management;
- service contracts and consultancy agreements;
- recruitment and selection and all personnel related matters;
- health and safety and security;
- academic and student administration;
- communications; and
- building and facilities management.
I work directly with the staff in the Medical Sciences Divisional Office, senior administrative staff in the University and other departmental administrators. In addition, I forge and sustain links with external sponsors and other institutions.
I have worked for the University since 2001 in both the Social Sciences and Medical Sciences Divisions. I joined DPAG in November 2013 having previously worked at the Nuffield Department of Surgical Sciences for 4 years. I have an MBA from the Open University and will be undertaking the Post Graduate Certificate in Professional Practice in Higher Education in October 2014. I am Chartered Member of the CIPD as well as a member of the AUA and ARMA and a number of management institutes.