Departmental Financial Controller
As the Operations Manager for Finance I am responsible for the Department’s financial administration which includes the management of the Department’s accounts office and the research administration office.
I work closely with the Head of Department, Head of Administration and other Operations Managers with all financial administration of the Department. This includes:
- Managing the accounts office which supports the purchasing, payments and expenses claims processes
- Overseeing the financial research administration of the Department
- Preparation of the Department’s annual budget and forecasts
- Overseeing the month end and year end procedures
- Supporting the Head of Administration and Head of Department with financial planning and preparing business cases
- Providing financial support services to staff within the Department
- Developing and enhancing financial reporting, budgetary control and forecasting
- Providing management reports and analysis of the Department
I began working in the University in 2005 as a Research Accounts Assistant, and moved to the department of Physiology, Anatomy & Genetics in 2009.