Kerri Louise Howard
PA to Professor Paul Riley (Interim)
Providing effective and efficient PA support for Professor Paul Riley and his research group (20+ research Scientists and postgraduate students) covering a wide range of PA responsibilities including:
• Extensive diary and mailbox management.
• Liaising with internal/external contacts/collaborators on behalf of Professor Riley.
• Administrative point of reference for the Riley Research Group.
• Detailed travel itineraries for Professor Riley (worldwide).
• Meeting and event organisation for (Conferences/Symposiums etc.); venue bookings, catering, delegate information.
• Preparing and circulating agendas, minutes & action points.
• Monitoring levels of research grant expenditure (15+ research grants) and flagging any items to the grants/finance team.
• Maintain filing systems, annual leave, and professional development reviews, probation paperwork, PhD student paperwork.
• Managing Professor Riley’s and the Research Group’s web page, and social media accounts.
• Liaising with the British Heart Foundation to arrange complex potential donor visits and administrative items surrounding the Chair award and programme grant.
• Organising and hosting Guest Speakers (often international).
• Managing the Development and Cell Biology Theme (for which Professor Riley is the Chair).
• Acting as a point of liaison for HR, Finance, IT, and Research Administration within the department. Assisting HR with the recruitment of new members to the research group, updating/creating job descriptions, and the administration of Personal Development Reviews within the research group.
• Office management tasks, purchasing consumables, maintaining the laboratory cleaning rotas, organising lab meetings and other ad hoc items in conjunction with the Laboratory Manager.