Cookies on this website
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you click 'Continue' we will assume that you are happy to receive all cookies and you will not see this message again. Click 'Find out more' for information on how to change your cookie settings.


The latest information can be obtained here.

Visa and immigration information for international students can be found here.


In the first instance, see the University's Q&As.

For academic year 2021/2022, please see Student Support in England: Statement from Michelle Donelan, Minister of State for Universities.


What do I need to do to be considered for full funding?

If you apply by the early January deadline you will automatically be considered for full funding from a number of sources, such as the MRC, the Clarendon Fund, CR-UK and Oxford Colleges. Other studentship information for research in DPAG is available here from Research Councils.

What does this funding cover?

As a minimum the funding will pay fees at the Home/EU rate and provide a stipend at the standard Research Council rate for three years. Most awards will cover the higher overseas fees as well. Some awards pay higher stipends and/or extend for 4 years.

Should I apply to outside sources?

There are many external scholarships available with their own application dates and processes. You need to apply for these separately, in addition to applying to Oxford. There are a number of other external major scholarships particularly relevant to Medical Sciences applicants.