Funding for Public Engagement
Current Funding Opportunities
- Royal Society of Chemistry Outreach Fund - open for both Small (up to £10k) to support chemistry-based public and schools engagement activities. They will be reviewing Small grant applications monthly throughout the year and Large grant applications twice in 2021.
- Healthcare Infection Society Public Engagement Grants - The Healthcare Infection Society provide funds to support events where aspects of clinical microbiology, infection prevention and control, and healthcare-associated infections (HCAIs) are promoted to the public and other relevant stakeholders.
Enriching Engagement Round 4 and Embedding Awards
Enriching Engagement is Oxford’s PER grants scheme for Wellcome-funded researchers. In June it has two funding rounds open in parallel: Round 4 of its regular scheme (for projects £10k-£100k), and a one-time special round, the Embedding Awards, for projects £150k- £300k.
Round 4 opens on 17 June and closes 16 September; sign up for info sessions and application support workshops taking place June-July. Expressions of Interest (EOIs) for Embedding Awards are due 1 July; a funding panel on 19 July will assess them and invite a select few to proceed in developing full applications, which will be due on 16 September. A key feature of Embedding Award projects is that they will work closely with an external partner(s).
Closing date: Thursday 01 July (Embedding Award EOIs); Thursday 16 September (Round 4 applications and Embedding Award invited full applications).
For the full criteria, eligibility, and other application guidance, see the Oxford PER funding webpage
ongoing funding opportunities
- Check Research Support's COVID-19 Funder Updates page for guidance from research funders about the impact of COVID-19 on grant management.
- University funding for Public Engagement - Details of grant schemes to support engaged researchers
- Wellcome Provision for Public Engagement within Research Grants - External funding for Wellcome Trust researchers
- External funding - List of public engagement funding opportunities from the National Co-Ordinating Centre for Public Engagement