Funding for Public Engagement
Current Funding Opportunities
- Royal Society of Chemistry Outreach Fund - open for both Small (up to £10k) to support chemistry-based public and schools engagement activities. They will be reviewing Small grant applications monthly throughout the year and Large grant applications twice in 2021.
- Healthcare Infection Society Public Engagement Grants - The Healthcare Infection Society provide funds to support events where aspects of clinical microbiology, infection prevention and control, and healthcare-associated infections (HCAIs) are promoted to the public and other relevant stakeholders.
- Inspire Fund - Alzheimer's Research UK - The Inspire Fund provides funding for projects that engage the public with dementia and the life-changing research going on into the condition. Funding available from £5k to £25k. Expression of interest closing date: Thursday 5 August 2021
Enriching Engagement Round 4
Applications are now open for Round 4 Enriching Engagement, Oxford’s PER grants scheme (£10k- £100k) for Wellcome-funded researchers. For the full criteria, eligibility, and other application guidance, see the Oxford PER funding webpage. Round 4 closes: 16 September 2021
ongoing funding opportunities
- Check Research Support's COVID-19 Funder Updates page for guidance from research funders about the impact of COVID-19 on grant management.
- University funding for Public Engagement - Details of grant schemes to support engaged researchers
- Wellcome Provision for Public Engagement within Research Grants - External funding for Wellcome Trust researchers
- External funding - List of public engagement funding opportunities from the National Co-Ordinating Centre for Public Engagement